Saturday, May 21, 2011

From Zero to Heroine

It wasn't that long ago, I was one of the newbies in odesk looking for my first freelance job.

     Everyday without fail, I will look through the jobs posted for virtual assistants, personal assistants, administrative work and data entry. By now, I've already learned how to spot and ignore posts that are scams and these are cancelled by odesk.
     I remember the feeling of anticipation everytime I log-in to odesk to see whether I've been picked for an interview, and disappointed that I was not.
     I visit the community forums often to read and sometimes participate in the discussion threads. And I see the same uncertainty felt by fellow odesk newbies, the same question that runs through our minds.
     When will we get that first elusive odesk job?
     But now, I've crossed the bridge. I'm on the other side. Because, two weeks ago, I was hired as a virtual assistant! It's only for 4 hours a week doing blog commenting, but for me, it's a start and I'm so thrilled!
     It was also a pleasant surprise for being unexpected. I didn't have all the skills the client was looking for but I sent my application anyway. After all, what's the worst that could happen? And when I checked odesk again, I was already hired. Isn't that something?!
     I'd like to think that it's all because of me but I know and I believe that it's because of God's grace.
     In His eyes, I deserve to be a heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...