Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Breakthrough!


     Everyday, I keep telling myself I will be making a breakthrough soon. And it was true. I did. I've gotten two odesk interviews. Nothing came out of it but still I regard it as a sign that clients are starting to take notice. It won't be long now before I finally get my first client.
     My first interview was in the form of a test given by a buyer to several applicants. I was instructed to go to a website, find at least 5 errors in spelling and grammar, document them in a word file and submit. Since I'm not always online because my kids also use our one and only PC, it was only several hours later that I was able to do the test and after submitting it, it was also only several hours later that I found out that the buyer was not able to open the attachment. And by the time I was able to correct it, the buyer had already chosen his provider. A lesson learned. Now, even if my kids are using the computer, I make sure odesk is up and running.
      My second interview was with a lawyer from California. He requested a video interview but since I don't have a webcam ( can't afford one for now ), we settled for an audio interview. It went well. At least I think I didn't make any major, major boo-boos and the client asked for some proof of identification. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to provide one of his requirements so I had to let this client go.
      Now, I'm back again to checking the latest job posts in odesk. But now there's a difference. I'm more hopeful and more confident because I know that that first client is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...